VGS is on a mission to protect the world’s sensitive data and at the same time transform data security and compliance from a business obstacle into an opportunity.
Securing sensitive data is the cornerstone on which VGS was built, and as such, we firmly believe in the democratization of tools to help businesses large and small protect their most valuable asset — their data. That’s why we’re excited to share that we have removed all barriers for anyone who would like to use our new and improved cloud Tokenization API, including our dedicated and redesigned application.
Tokenization for Modern Business
VGS data tokenization allows you to securely protect and easily access your sensitive data – with no strings attached. You can now secure any type of payment, PII or Health data with the VGS Tokenization API, regardless of whether your data is structured or unstructured.
- Card and banking information
- Adherence to compliances such as PCI DSS
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Passport & ID numbers, addresses and more
- Comply with regulations such as GDPR, CCPA
- Biometrics, medical history, prescriptions and more
- Meet data security and handling requirements for ePHI and HIPAA
- Protect user data, secrets, third-party API keys
Your business should never store any of this information in plaintext. With VGS’ Tokenization API, you can quickly and easily secure all of this data and safely operate on tokens instead.
How it Works
Tokenization is the systematic process of replacing original, sensitive information with a non-sensitive placeholder value called a token. Tokens are randomly generated, and they have no intrinsic value on their own; rendering them useless to data thieves and threat actors.
Learn more about tokenization, its history and how its real-world application influences PCI DSS compliance.
VGS Tokenization is built for developers. In just minutes, engineers can access our solution to tokenize objects, images, files – anything you can store in a database. At the same time, your data is securely stored in the industry-leading VGS Vault, which maintains data usability and preserves future delegation rights.
Our Tokenization API is organized around REST. Our API is built with a predictable, resource-oriented structure, uses JSON-encoded requests and responses, follows standard HTTP verbs/responses, and uses industry standard authentication.
Here are some of the benefits of the VGS cloud tokenization API:
- Tokenize payments, PII, ePHI
- ID cards, documents, images
Free, unlimited storage
- Securely generate, store, and retrieve unlimited tokens
- At no cost!
Maximum data value
- Secure your data and extract business value from it
- You choose whether to preserve the original data format
- Avoid vendor lock-in for full portability and usability
- Scale with the full VGS Platform
- End-to-end data aliasing
- Managed PCI
- Compliance automation
Ready to Start Tokenizing?
Create your free VGS account to instantly gain access to our flexible tokenization API. In less than 5 minutes, you’ll be on your way to protecting your most valuable asset – your data.