Integrating the VGS Platform¶
Integrate in three steps:
- Create an Account
- Connect to the VGS Platform
- Create Filters on Routes to Operate on Data
Client to Server¶
VGS sits between your client’s API and your server redacting/revealing or operating on data in the request/response exchange.
Server to Third-Parties¶
VGS sits between you and third parties redacting/revealing or operating on data in the request/response exchange.
No SDKs, API, or code changes are required for configuring your Dashboard and your System.
Your Integration Configuration¶
- Inbound configuration:
- The destination for your inbound configuration is your server domain using our easy integration tool.
- Send a payload to the specified endpoint, so we can detect the payload type.
- Outbound Configuration:
- Configure your server language to default through our https proxy (example: in python if you have an env variable called HTTPS_PROXY=https://user:firstname.lastname@example.org:8080 and all requests will go through the TCP Tunnel)
- Send a payload to one of your API endpoints.
- When we detect traffic going through our platform, you’re integrated into our system and are ready to setup your filters!
Your Filter Configuration¶
- Inbound configuration
- Use our debugging tool to send payloads and select the parts of the test payloads you want redacted or revealed on request or response.
- Outbound configuration (3rd parties)
- Use our debugging tool to inspect payloads sent to your APIs (test data) and select fields that you want to reveal to the third party or responses you want to redact from third parties, etc.
- If you need to verify your filter configurations or review your rewritten data.
- Go to the Access Logs page and enable it. You can view raw/rewritten requests and raw/rewritten responses.
- If your information is not being segmented/redacted.
- Ensure you have the right payload type selected.
- Make sure to double check JSON and XML since they are case sensitive.
- Ensure you are connecting to the proxy by seeing a VGS-Requested-Id header.
- Ensure you entered the correct path and method and it’s on the correct phase (request/response)
- If your information is not being revealed to third-parties.
- Ensure the payload you are sending to the third party matches the filter type in the dashboard.
- JSON and XML are case sensitive - check case.
- Make sure that you have the correct path and method of the transaction (and it’s on request/response phase)
- Traffic is not going through TCP Tunnel to Third Parties
- Ensure you are passing credentials.
- Ensure you have whitelisted that destination (in the Dashboard).
- Ensure you have the correct server certificate passed or stored as trusted. There are different copies for each environment, sandbox and live.