Please note, to access the SFTP Routes feature - drop us a line at email@example.com
SFTP stands for Secure Shell (SSH) File Transfer Protocol, a network protocol used for secure transfer of data over the internet. The protocol supports the full security and authentication functionality of SSH, and is widely used to exchange data between business partners in a variety of industries including financial services, healthcare, retail, and advertising.
To configure the upstream connection, start with creating the SFTP route. Go to the SFTP page, click Add Route and select New SFTP Route from the drop-down menu.
Next, set up the upstream connection by clicking the Add button and filling in the form.
- Upstream Host - Host of the upstream SFTP server
- Port - Port of the upstream SFTP server
- Username - Username to connect to upstream SFTP server
- Password - Password to connect to upstream SFTP server
- Allow for the next credentials - Access credentials to connect to SFTP proxy server
After filling in a form and configuring filters, click Save. The new SFTP route will be created and a success alert message will show up.
Connect to upstream¶
Run the following command:
sftp -P 8022 <access-credentials-username>@<vault-id>.<environment>.verygoodproxy.com
- access-credentials-username - Username from Access credentials
- vault-id - Vault id
- environment - Environment
Next, enter the dashboard Access Credential password.
Congratulations! Now you are successfully connected to SFTP.
Process CSV files¶
SFTP route editor supports redact/reveal of particular columns in .csv files. It also allows excluding column header from processing.
For CSV redact/reveal:
- Select CSV tab in the filter editor
- Add columns to be redacted/revealed in square braces separated by a comma. For example, to redact columns 1 and 2 add [1,2]
- Uncheck CSV has headers? if it’s not needed to process CSV headers
- Save the route.